Welcome to the Let’s Brew / Lallamand Kolsch Competition.
By purchasing this product you are entering the competition by paying an entry fee of R 100 and agreeing to the competition rules as set out below.
- The competition is open to any brewer who brews the beer to be entered on homebrewing equipment. Yes professional brewer may enter.
- Number of entrants is limited to 24 brewers. If you cannot purchase this then we have our 24 entries already.
- You may only submit one entry into the competition, so select your best beer if you brew more than 1 beer.
- You need to provide us with 3 (440ml) bottles of beer on Thursday 29 April at 18:00 for judging at the venue (local brewery) to be used for judging which we will confirm at a later date. Or deliver 3 (440ml) bottle of beer to our store before close of business on Tuesday 27 April if you are unable to attend the judging event.
- A panel of judges comprising of but not limited to, a representative from Lallemand, Professional Brewers and homebrewers.
- Style guidelines for Judging is 5B of the BJCP 2015 guidelines. Click here to view the guidelines.
- You may use any ingredients you like in your beer.
What you receive when entering the competition:
- 20g Lallamand Koln yeast (collect from our store or arrange for it to be available at the next club meet)
- A 10% off Hops and Malts voucher for use as a once off purchase for the ingredients you will need to brew your competition beer. This voucher excludes any sale items or bulk malts. Use voucher code Kolsch to get 10% off your malts and hops. (Voucher can only be used once per entrant and expires at 23:59 on Sunday 11 April)
- When you present your beer for judging you will receive a voucher to the value of R 100 (same value as the entry fee) to use at our store. No beer presented equals no voucher sadly.
The winner will be crowned Kolsch King or Queen.
Together with the title the winner will receive a voucher to the value of R 750 from Let’s Brew. The winner has also been invited to brew their winning beer as a 3 keg batch a Lunar Brew in Elgin and get 20L to take home.
The runner up will receive a voucher to the value of R 500 from Let’s Brew
And finally the brewer in third place will receive a voucher of R 250 from Let’s Brew
We are hoping to add a couple Kolsch beers to the prize package (we will confirm this as more prizes are secured)
Some details about the strain of yeast and a recipe can be found below.
For more details about Lallemand Koln yeast visit this site.
Good Luck. Happy Brewing. Looking forward to tasting those amazing beers.